Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wild Mocassins



This band is too precious for words. If there were such a thing as having a crush on a band, Wild Mocassins would be the current object of my affection. I'm *this* close to writing their name on my binder.

Calling Houston, TX home, this 5-piece makes music full of sugar and sunshine. It's pop music at it's best--accessible, fun. Arrangements are clever, but not too clever. In other words, you'll "get it". I like music I don't have to think about. Music I can just clap along to.

Please enjoy this video of Wild Mocassins performing "Cake" live from Joe Mathlete's living room. Whoever that is. And if you like what you hear, check out their MySpace page where you can purchase their charming new EP, Microscopic Metronomes. I highly recommend you do so.

No comments: