Saturday, March 21, 2009

Look Mexico's Gasp Asp


Since it's Saturday, let's take a break from the news and get personal. (uh-oh!) Let's talk about what I'm listening to in my car.  Wait! Back that Golf up.  Ha ha!  So dorky. 

Okay, so.  I started this blog for a few reasons.  The main reasons--I love music and I love to write. I write for a few webzines and magazines, but they don't always let you say just what you want to say, and good golly if I want to exercise my right to free speech!  The other reason I started this blog was in an attempt to reconnect, so to speak, with the outside world of music.  You see, it's really easy for me to live in my Lujo bubble.  It's lovely in there, and full of all my favorite music.  

Knowing this, you won't be surprised to hear what's playing in my car and has been playing in my car for months now.  Look Mexico's Gasp, Asp EP.  It's four songs of super approachable, yet complex indie rock.  That is to say, this is not your mother's chicken soup, but it reads like it.  It's totally listenable, but not at all boring.  And it's happy.  It's the type of music that you take a risk with listening to in your car because all that good energy somehow finds its way down to the gas peddle, and before you know it you're going way faster than you should be. 

For me, Look Mexico was love at first listen and they seem to have this affect on everyone they come into contact with. See if you agree... Gasp, Asp is available on iTunes and on 7" via Tiny Engines.

Look Mexico - You're Not Afraid of the Dark, Are You?

Go see my Look Mexicans!
03/22/09 San Antonio, TX @ Rock Bottom Tatoo Bar
03/24/09 Scottsdale, AZ @ Chyro Arts
03/24/09 Pehonix, AZ @ Dry River
03/25/09 San Diego, CA @ Hensley's Flying Elephant
03/26/09 Los Angeles, CA @ Viper Room
03/27/09 San Jose, CA @ The Blank Club
03/28/09 San Francisco, CA @ Thee Parkside
03/30/09 Portland, OR @ Backspace
03/31/09 Boise, ID @ Flying M
04/01/09 Salt Lake City, UT @ Club Sho
04/01/09 Salt Lake City, UT @ Bar Deluxe
04/02/09 Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater
04/03/09 Lawrence, KS @ Replay Lounge
04/04/09 Dallas, TX @ The Door
04/17/09 Gainsville, FL @ University of FL
04/18/09 Tampa, FL @ Crowbar

No comments: