Wednesday, January 7, 2009

DANIEL MARTIN MOORE


Over the holiday I was listening to one of my favorite radio stations, WOXY.  I was listening to their Year in Review Show, and as the segment wrapped up, a dude by the name of Daniel Martin Moore took the mike.  He had this deep, smooth talking voice and then proceeded to DJ a most amazing set of songs--none of which I had ever heard, all of which I loved.  That almost never happens.

He played Sister Rosetta Tharp and Coralie Clement amongst others.  He even played some spoken word.  You can listen to the set here.

The following day I was in line at Starbucks when Erik handed me their song of the week--Daniel Martin Moore's "That'll Be The Plan" from his recently released Stray Age (Subpop).  It was like the music gods were telling me something.  Check it out.

Daniel Martin Moore "That'll Be The Plan"

(Courtesy of I Guess I'm Floating)

2 comments:

Megan Miller Corbett said...

ooo, like him!

Jocelyn Aucoin said...

Yay!