Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Look Mexico

Hi world. I'm freezing. Don't ask me how I ever survived DC temps when I'm cold right now and it's only 59 degrees out. That used to feel like summertime to me. Like, break out the frisbee and shorts and throw a shrimp on the barbie. Hrmph.

I'm also sad this morning because those Look Mexicans left town last night. They were the loveliest guests--cleaning up after themselves, doing dishes, washing towels they used, leaving everything as it was. Oh and they made us dinner too. And it was delicious.

There was veggie oil and sleeping out by trash cans and music. Lots of music.

Look Mexico played two most amazing shows--Saturday night at Thee Parkside, and last night at Red Rock. They are one talented band, if I do say so myself. And I do. It's almost to the point of being unfair to the rest of us. No one should be THAT talented.

Anyway since last I saw them live, they've added a keyboardist/aux vox, and also switched out one bass player for another. I love the new line up. It really works. The bands' new songs are proof of this. So is thier new ep, Gasp Asp, now available on iTunes for an astonishing $3.96. It's worth every penny, too...right down to those 6 cents.

Here are some of my fave photos from the weekend.

ryan smith taking a nap

look mexico @ thee parkside



cobra skulls @ red rock

josh mikel gettin his ass slapped

dave, erik, slate

look mexico @ thee parkside

fake problems @ red rock

look mexico @ red rock

No comments: